Improvisational Writing Circle
Membership for 7 months minimum | $99.00 a month | Cost per class $35
One Ten Week Session 499.00 | Cost per class $50.00
Each session, add to your body of work as you learn another creative tool of improvisational writing to enter a state of “flow.”
In flow, your best writing emerges, almost effortlessly. In flow, surprises happen. Forgotten memories stroll across the page. Who you are and what is yours to do makes an appearance. Higher levels of confidence and writing performance are achieved.
No matter what your level of experience, turn yourself into a more creative and compelling writer and storyteller.
Kelly Morgan is a journalist, poet, spoken word performer, teacher and creative writing coach. She’s won poetry slams, published in literary journals and on blogs. Her books include A Visit Home, A World Without Seatbelts and The Howling Coyote Between Your Thighs. She loves teaching and for over 25 years, thousands flocked to her Hollywood workshops: Improvisational Writing, VisionQuest, PowerStory and The Artist’s Way (based on Julia Cameron’s international best-seller.) Julia Cameron says, “You couldn’t find a more sure-footed or inspiring guide.”
Based on her experiences, Kelly developed the Just Say Yes Method for writers and storytellers, making it possible for you to fall in love with writing — again — or for the first time. The Just Say Yes Method of Writing overcomes the most difficult obstacles on your writing journey — Page Fright — the fear of being seen and judged. The proven creative tools of improvisational writing removes blocks and heals unconscious page fright that causes procrastination. In Kelly’s groups, you find comfort and safety empowering you to tap into the moment, express spontaneously, experiment, play, and write with ease from your uncensored, authentic voice.
LEARNING AND WRITING FLOW GOALS
- Connect to your wild, juicy creative energy to write exciting drafts of the stories only you can tell.
- Open yourself up to writing in a state of childlike wonder.
- Sashay into the hearts of your readers because you’re in touch with yourself.
- Give yourself permission to tango with your perfectionism, disco with your critics — and turn writing into a dance rather than a chore.
- Magnetize your writing by learning how to safely collaborate with others.
- Craft livelier drafts that readers/audiences can relate to, identify with and want to read more of.
- Craft compelling characters, conflict, contradictions, dialogue, and action to magnetize your writing and create stories that fascinate, inspire and make people hungry for more.
- Fall in love with writing so you naturally make time to write more.
- Have fun.
LIVE WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
It will be roughly broken down into three sections:
Meditation: Practice letting go of outside considerations. Get into the moment. Listen for your own voice. Allow.
Warm Up Game: Play. Experiment. Get curious. Ask questions. This is your chance to get into flow. Practice using elements of writing or storytelling craft to create writing based on your own life (fiction or non-fiction.)
The Main Stage: In this second half of each class, create new writing or story. If you are already working on a memoir, flash fiction, essay, autobiography, book outside of class, you may want to write with that in mind. If not, then allow yourself to be guided by your own intuition.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO CLASS.